Governor Selvedge Denim

£150.00

Straight leg cut. 14oz indigo dyed, sanforized raw denim.

Denim woven and jeans manufactured exclusively for HebTroCo in the north of England by the best in the game.

Just 112 pairs in this first batch. Aiming to ship for Christmas.

Clear
SKU: governor-selvedge-denim Categories: ,

Description

Hard wearing, high quality selvedge denim jeans at a great price. Straight leg cut with all the best HebTroCo features.

These jeans are meant to be worn with a turn up so that the selvedge is visible. This means that there is 2 inch extra length in the inseam. A 32 inch leg length will therefore be 34 inch. We do 30, 32 and 34 inch leg lengths.

Sizing

 

30 32 34 36 38 40 42 44
Waist laid flat 15.5’’

39.5cm

16.5’’

42cm

17.5’’

44.5cm

18.5’’

47cm

19.5’’

49.5cm

20.5’’

52cm

21.5’’

54.5cm

22.5’’

57cm

Front rise 10.25’’

26cm

10.5’’

26.5cm

11’’

28cm

11.25’’

28.5cm

11.5’’

29cm

11.75’’

30cm

12’’

30.5cm

12.5’’

32cm

Rear rise 16.5’’

42cm

16.75’’

42.5cm

17’’

43cm

17.25’’

43.5cm

17.5’’

44.5cm

17.75’’

45cm

18’’

45.5cm

18.25’’

46.5cm

Thigh laid flat 11’’

28cm

11.75’’

30cm

12.5’’

31.5cm

12.75’’

32.5cm

13.5’’

34cm

14’’

35.5cm

15’’

38cm

15.25’’

38.5cm

Bottom hem 7.5’’

19cm

7.75’’

19.5cm

8’’

20cm

8’’

20cm

8’’

20cm

8.5’’

21.5cm

8.5’’

21.5cm

8.5’’

21.5cm

Washing

Our denim is a lovely dark shade and comes to you unwashed. The less you wash it the darker it will stay and the contrast of the areas that fade will add character. Water will also be saved which is a good thing!

Wash inside out at 30 degrees or less. Use minimal amount of non biological detergent. Spin at the lowest setting to avoid nasty vertical creases. Air dry and don’t tumble dry.

If you want the best looking jeans wash at 3 to 6 month intervals.

Indigo dye will colour anything else in the wash. So wash your jeans on their own.

Will my jeans shrink?

The denim we use is raw. This means that it hasn’t been washed and hasn’t been through chemical colour-fast treatments. It has been sanforized though, which means that shrinkage on first wash will be minimal – less than 2% in length and 1% in width. This means that leg length will shorten by half to three quarters of an inch. Waist shrinkage is negligible. Jeans may tighten a little in the waist, but will loosen after wear. They will only lose half an inch in leg length.

Our Denim Story

The denim comes from the only UK mill that commercially weaves selvedge denim. It’s woven in Lancashire, the traditional home of UK cotton production, on 1950s Blackburn Northrop Shuttle looms, just 10 miles away from the HebTroCo unit. This high quality cloth is tightly woven making it hard wearing and characterful with slight irregularities and will just get better with age. The jeans are manufactured in Blackburn.

Working locally is a core value for HebTroCo. Working with local suppliers and manufacturers allows us to get to know them ensuring quality as well as reducing ‘air miles’. If we want to keep a manufacturing industry in Britain then we need to use it. It just makes sense!

Is this eco denim?

The denim we use is ethical and ecological with indigo and ecru dyed cotton yarns coming from suppliers with sustainable practices. The warp yarn is dyed with Dystar GOTS Version 4 Approved Pre Reduced Indigo and our weft yarns will always be Oeko-Tex 100 certified. The supplier is signed up to the better cotton initiative https://bettercotton.org. In the dyeing process they recycle 85% of their waste water and treat the other 15% before it re-enters the water table.

What is selvedge?

Originally known as ‘self-edge’ the name refers to the tightly woven edge of the fabric which prevents unravelling. Selvedge is old style denim woven on narrow looms and typically has a more characterful appearance and a higher level of quality than mass produced denim. When selvedge jeans are rolled up this clean band is clearly seen. When new it will be quite stiff but will soften with wear and take the shape of your legs. As the rigidity goes the fit will appear slimmer.

 

Additional information

Weight 1 kg
Size

30, 32, 34, 36, 38, 40, 42, 44

Leg Length

30in, 32in, 34in